Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Absorica Day 1

      So yesterday I picked up my prescription after arguing forever with my pharmacy that they screwed up. Which they did. They tried to give me an accutane generic first but that's not what my derm prescribed. Then they had to order it but it would be in the next day. Well when they ordered it they alerted iPlege that they'd already given me the pills. So next day comes around and they say my derm didn't do her part so I can't have my pills. Le sigh! So my sister works at CVS and went to the pharmacy to make them call iPledge and say they hadn't actually given me my pills. Then I could pick them up. Very aggravating day.

     Anyway my derm decided to put me on 30mg of Absorica after asking about my diet. Accutane works best when taken with high fat-well I only intake about 20 grams of fat total a day and she said it would need to be closer to 50 grams for it to work best but with Absorica it doesn't matter. I'll be on 30 mg a day for the first month then 60 mg a day for months 2-6. For reference I'm 5'6 and 123 lbs. I think she said I need 8000ish mg total over my entire course. So I went and picked up these. 




    I get it, Don't get pregnant. Loud and clear. I've been crazily researching moisturizers and lip balms to try and find the best possible one to deal with the dryness that I don't have yet. But I want to be prepared. I've always had oily skin and lack of moisture isn't something I'm familiar with.




      But really what would I do without amazon? Right now I'm mixing the CeraVe and jojoba oil for a night time moisturizer. Usually by morning I just have to rinse my face and enough is left behind that I don't have to apply anything under my make up. I am using the Embroyolisse on my current acne spots that are getting kinda dry and oily at the same time. Maybe it's working already on day 1? not sure. I've heard people swear by Dr. Dan's CortiBalm so I've been using it before I go to bed and during the day a few times. Not a fan of the smell but at least it doesn't taste that way. 

   So here are my Day 1 baseline pictures. I hate to say it but I'm not that broke out right now. This past month I've stopped using my aczone, tazorac and oracea. Go figure I started to clear, granted I still get acne but not as much as I was getting.


                                 

     Please excuse the after shower selfie, I can only accomplish so much at 5:30 in the morning. Proof that I don't always look this horrible :) Ah the power of Dermablend and Mac.




     I'm trying to be very positive, I am worried about what I'm putting in my body but I hate acne more and I hated what I was putting on my skin before. I'm also tired of being embarrassed by something I can't control so I'm hoping putting weekly progress photos will help me accept myself a bit more. So bring on the dry skin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment